Sunday, November 16, 2008

~So Much to Celebrate!~

If you have visited this blog in the last couple of months, you know there has been absolutely no activity. That is not to say that there hasn't been anything going on in my life. Quite the contrary. So many wonderful things to catch up on!

I am going to be a grandmother. I haven't figured out what title I will have Maria's daughter Alana Marie call me, perhaps Oma, perhaps MiMa, something that doesn't quite sound as traditional as gramma... Maria's due date is March 29th. Here is a great sonogram picture from her last appointment on October 29th.



Pretty cool huh? I could show other picture, but you can't really tell what you are looking at like you can in this one. We are planning a February baby shower, with a Flower Power tie dye theme. (My little hippie...)

My dad celebrated his 25th Anniversary of his Ordination as a Roman Catholic Deacon on Oct. 3rd. His current parish St. Mary's in Bath, NY had a wonderful recognition dinner for him on Nov. 7th that our whole immediate family was able to be present for. Many people who couldn't come sent letters that Lynn and I read as a testiment to the profound impact my dad has had on their life and how his ministry has touched them in so many ways, both great and small.



I too celebrated a religious milestone of my own. I was received into the Episcopal Church at St. Luke's the Beloved Physican by Bishop Love on Nov. 9th. My reception took place while the Bishop was at St. Luke's to confirm our high school students. I had the privelage of helping prepare the students for confirmation. I have been so blessed since I joined St. Luke's and have found a beautiful community to share my love of Christ and passion to share the Gospel with young people.



And if all of this wasn't enough to top off our joy, David's team has made it into the State Semi-Finals for Class C Football. They play in Kingston at Deitz Stadium Nov. 22nd. If they win they advance to the State Championship Game in the Carrier Dome in Syracuse the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This is so exciting and David has had a phenomenol season. This is an excerpt from the Press Republican coverage:

"But Red Storm Head Coach Mark Farmer saw an even more significant play earlier in the game from his defensive unit. With the Cannoneers already up by a touchdown, quarterback Chris Hughes led Tom Ebenhoch with a perfect toss over his shoulder, and Ebenhoch raced toward paydirt without breaking stride.However, David Snyder made a game-saving tackle after catching Ebenhoch on the Red Storm five-yard line. 'David made the best play of the game, knocking him out at the five,' Farmer said. 'That turned the tide for us.' The Saranac Lake defense, electrified by the game-saving play, stiffened and prevented the Cannoneers from scoring, capped by a Snyder interception on a fourth-down play."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you HAVE had a busy autumn season, haven't you? So, is "Granny" not even something you're considering?!? ; )

Heh heh.

I can't believe your Dad's been a deacon for 25 years now! Please give him my best wishes and a big hug if you'll see him for Thanksgiving.

Hope this finds you doing well!